dazvr6

1989 Supra Turbo Manual For sale

Up for grabs is my '89 Supra turbo in Super red or pink as it needs some love!
I bought this a 'drive find' over on Retro Rides at the start of this year with the intention of doing a full resto,
but as always other stuff has got in the way and it now needs to go. It was last on the road around 5 years ago
and has only covered 80k miles.

It has the sought after 5 speed manual gearbox which works fine as does the clutch.
Tan leather seats with electric lumbar which need cleaning and conditioning and then some minor repairs.
17x8" Momo Arrow alloys with 235/45/17 tyres but they are all perished/cracked. (I have a couple of budgets I will include in the sale)
3" Stainless steel exhaust from the turbo back with an Apexi cone intake filter and ally intake pipe.
Rebuilt Mercedes 4 pot calipers up front with new discs and pads and new flexi hoses to the calipers.

I also have new rear discs and pads to go with the car.
Replacement nose cone, front bumper, drivers wing and drivers door due to bad paint. (and rust in the bottom of the door)

The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner with all new gaskets etc approx. 2000 miles ago but has been standing for a while and
is a bit tappety until fully warmed up. It is probably just a sticky cam follower as it goes quiet when hot. I have pics of the engine
being rebuilt but no receipts unfortunately. It has a fresh filter and 10w40 oil and fresh coolant and brake fluid also.

It has the usual rusty rear arches which are solid bar for the drivers inner which needs patching, as does the drivers front
jacking point. It also needs some attention to the paintwork but could be improved a lot with a cut and polish.
I do have the windscreen top trim, front badge and front muguards in the boot and a spare rear bumper in good condition.
There is also a 3 piece rear spoiler in decent condition to go with it as well.

Car is located in Rugeley, Staffordshire.

The registration is G914NDM (I have new plates to go on)

Payment by cash or bank transfer.

Any questions please ask.
Daz.

Pics to follow

4 hours ago, KevlarSupra said:

Good luck with the sale, shake you're letting it go! 

(Might want to put a price on it ;)

Cheers Brent. A price might be useful! :biggrin:

Can't edit the original post? so I'm looking for £1650ono

I have loads of pics if anyone needs anything specific but can't upload them on here for some reason.

Lots of people asking for spares, which would be a shame :negative:

Looks like this might end up a parts car.

Bummer really if that ends up being the case but I'll throw money at you for some bits if it goes that way. :/

I've had 51 cars and restored a few of them. This will be the first one I haven't finished so I'm a bit p*ssed off  :(

Let me know what you're after Paul and I start making a list of bits people want.

^ truth

If you can actually manage to get it off without destroying it, I'm down for the entirety of the plastic trim around the circumference of your car. The pre-facelift metal backed crap on mine has been slowly rotting for years and is impossible to find these days. 

And your heater controls please assuming they've not been claimed!

Feels bad raiding a serviceable car :(

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KevlarSupra said:

On the bright side r154 boxes aren't cheap, you should get close to your asking price for that alone 

Really? Surely there not that expensive!

2 minutes ago, 88h88 said:

^ truth

If you can actually manage to get it off without destroying it, I'm down for the entirety of the plastic trim around the circumference of your car. The pre-facelift metal backed crap on mine has been slowly rotting for years and is impossible to find these days. 

And your heater controls please assuming they've not been claimed!

Feels bad raiding a serviceable car :(

Most of the trim has been off already so I reckon it's do-able.

The car is complete at the moment and I have some spare ecu's too.

Even the windscreen scuttle is saveable and the roller cover works too!

5 hours ago, dazvr6 said:

Really? Surely there not that expensive!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192353386799

And a few on a drifting forum for around the 1000-1500 mark, and one requiring complete rebuild on eBay for £345, 

I'd definitely be keeping the box if I had to break it, I sold a w58 for £400 a few months back, and they're the weaker box. R154's are pretty indestructible. 

Yeah 154s are still money seeing as they're the Mk4 box. Definitely don't let it go for cheap!!

On 11/28/2017 at 12:29 AM, 88h88 said:

Yeah 154s are still money seeing as they're the Mk4 box. Definitely don't let it go for cheap!!

Are they? I thought mk4 owners got auto or that big (getrag?) 6 spd manual . Its them and those pesky drifters that are raping and pilliging Supra mk3s (and soarers) to get R154s.

(i could be wrong, but a google suggested R154s going into mk4s but not seemingly coming with them)

4 hours ago, Blackpool_Mark said:

Are they? I thought mk4 owners got auto or that big (getrag?) 6 spd manual . Its them and those pesky drifters that are raping and pilliging Supra mk3s (and soarers) to get R154s.

(i could be wrong, but a google suggested R154s going into mk4s but not seemingly coming with them)

You're correct, they came with the Soarer not the Mk4 Supra. Apologies!

On 18/11/2017 at 12:04 AM, dazvr6 said:

Up for grabs is my '89 Supra turbo in Super red or pink as it needs some love!
I bought this a 'drive find' over on Retro Rides at the start of this year with the intention of doing a full resto,
but as always other stuff has got in the way and it now needs to go. It was last on the road around 5 years ago
and has only covered 80k miles.

It has the sought after 5 speed manual gearbox which works fine as does the clutch.
Tan leather seats with electric lumbar which need cleaning and conditioning and then some minor repairs.
17x8" Momo Arrow alloys with 235/45/17 tyres but they are all perished/cracked. (I have a couple of budgets I will include in the sale)
3" Stainless steel exhaust from the turbo back with an Apexi cone intake filter and ally intake pipe.
Rebuilt Mercedes 4 pot calipers up front with new discs and pads and new flexi hoses to the calipers.

I also have new rear discs and pads to go with the car.
Replacement nose cone, front bumper, drivers wing and drivers door due to bad paint. (and rust in the bottom of the door)

The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner with all new gaskets etc approx. 2000 miles ago but has been standing for a while and
is a bit tappety until fully warmed up. It is probably just a sticky cam follower as it goes quiet when hot. I have pics of the engine
being rebuilt but no receipts unfortunately. It has a fresh filter and 10w40 oil and fresh coolant and brake fluid also.

It has the usual rusty rear arches which are solid bar for the drivers inner which needs patching, as does the drivers front
jacking point. It also needs some attention to the paintwork but could be improved a lot with a cut and polish.
I do have the windscreen top trim, front badge and front muguards in the boot and a spare rear bumper in good condition.
There is also a 3 piece rear spoiler in decent condition to go with it as well.

Car is located in Rugeley, Staffordshire.

The registration is G914NDM (I have new plates to go on)

Payment by cash or bank transfer.

Any questions please ask.
Daz.

Pics to follow

On 20/11/2017 at 11:37 AM, dazvr6 said:

Supra 1a.jpg

Thought I'd get this back on track, shame you've got to sell they're getting rarer by the day. 

• Like 1

Thanks Brent.

I've got the Toyota wallet with all the books and some old mot's etc and also the jack/toolkit in the boot.

Can anyone tell me if the trim around the front windscreen is ok to refit when I have a new screen fitted ?